Friday, November 21, 2008

Lasermonks.com

Update - 12/2/08: This show has aired. You can download the MP3 from our archive. Let us know what you think!
_____________________________________________

Patrick Peczerski

One of our listeners recently sent us an email about a Cistercian Monastery in central Wisconsin that sells ink toner and cartragdes.  

Why are they involved in business you might wonder?  I was unware of this but Roman Catholic Monasteries in America must be self-sufficent.  I also learned that the business is doing so well (sales in the single digit millions) that they're able to donate the majority of their profits to charity.

Why would I buy from a Monk?  First, I immediatly trust them.  Also, I feel like what they sell will be of good quality.    This brings me to think - what lessons can laic, main-stream businesses learn from this ecclesiastical enterprise?  Can business make big bucks and be good at the same time?  Would you buy from a monk?



No comments: