Friday, March 13, 2009

Meet The Producers... ...And Arnold

Joe Hardtke

My, it's been some time, hasn't it?

Please accept my apologies for the lack of action here at the Blog Without Borders. We've been very busy with the Inside Islam series and blog as of late, but here we are again.

Our web producer, Lisa Bu, recently purchased a new nick-nack: A mini Flip Video camera. After viewing some of her class videos, light bulbs appeared simultaneously over all our heads... We've got to get some video up from our production office. After all, this blog is about you and your access to who we are and what we do.

It's my hope that we post a couple of videos a week to let you into our meetings and debates over what to include on the show, what questions to ask and what topics to explore. I'm sure you'll quickly notice that under our professional, public radio exterior lies a bunch of outright goofballs. We laugh a lot at Here on Earth. Here's an example of a typical Friday afternoon, immediately after our last show for the week.



Just wait 'til you get to know us! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dan (who speaks far better German than I do) has a couple of great shows lined up for next week. On Monday, we'll take to the skies and see our global situation from above with author William Fox and his book Aereality.

Then on Wednesday, author Peter Singer will make the case for why we should give to the poor, even in the hardest of times, just like he did with Stephen Colbert yesterday.



I've also got a few shows up my sleeve. More on that in the (very) near future.

No comments: