Thursday, March 19, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Molly...

Update - 3/19/09: You can download the MP3 of today's poetry circle from our archive. Let us know what you think!

Joe Hardtke

So today was our last Poetry Circle of the Air with Molly Peacock. Molly is moving on to a new phase in her career, and the staff celebrated our friend at today's production meeting by recalling our favorite Molly Moments.



Want more Molly? Here are some Poetry Circle favorites from our archive:

The Excrement Poem by Maxine Kumin from June 21st, 2007
A Song of Departure by Li Ch'ing Chao from March 19th, 2006
The Onion by Wislawa Szymborska from September 20th, 2007
My Joy Doubled by Todd Boss from December 18th, 2008
Van Gogh's Brother, Vincent by Kate Newmann from March 20th, 2008
Cancer Winter by Marilyn Hacker from December 20th, 2007

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever met Molly in person, yet I feel like I've known her forever. Radio is weird that way.

No comments: